Saturday, April 25, 2009

Our First Night together in the Hospital

A couple hours after I had been born I was taken to the NICU to make sure that everything was ok. I was monitored and then they brought me back down a little while later. Everyone came to see my mommy and me. It was a wonderful celebration. My mommy was up and trying to move around on her sea legs. At about 7:30 the last of the visitors had left and it was just mommy and me watching tv. A nurse came in to check on us about 8 pm and my mom was complaining of being warm. After taking my temperature and seeing that I had a fever I was whisked back up to NICU and my mommy also had a high temperature.

She was given some tylenol to break the fever and extra blankets. However around 11:30 pm my mommy woke up panicked. She was burning up, and having a hard time breathing. She pushed the button for the nurse to come about 3 times and finally someone came in. My mommy hadn't had anything to eat since August 24th but the doctor's still wouldn't let her eat anything. Unfortunately she had a panic attack and scared the crap out of the nurse. She was freaking out because she wanted me and wasn't allowed to come see me or even to leave her bed. She was given a bag to breathe in which of course didn't help and the nurse went and got some jello to try and calm her down. Finally she was able to sleep for a couple hours but woke up with another panic attack and this time the nurses knew what to do and put her on an oxygen mask and called my Mimaw.

After awhile my mommy was taken off the oxygen and was allowed to come and see me and feed me in the NICU. I guess this made her feel much better because we had no more troubles after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment